- Steam Scanning Script: I had an idea last week to write a script that checks the price/discount of given games in the Steam store, and sends me a notification if the price is discounted and matches some pre-set criteria. It is working now, and I also invited a few of my friends to use it. I'm still a bit annoyed about Steam not providing an API for this, but never mind.
- 3D Modelling with Blender: I started taking this seriously, I am watching a lot of tutorials lately, and started practising it every day. Obviously I still have a long way to go, but I think I am improving, if ever so slowly. And I need this because of..:
- Ninjas and Dragons: I am doing a lot of planning work on this, mainly in my head when I am travelling, but I take a note of the interesting ideas. Ninjas and Dragons will be a Unity based game where you control a squad of ninjas, and your goal is to get to the end of a long series of tactical quests, and kill the boss monster.
- Guild Wars 2: In the scarce time I have left after the above, I usually play some GW2. I still play with my first character - Charr Necro - but lately with a very different playstyle. First of all, I have reordered my talents to have crits instead of vitality+healing, and upgraded my armour with a lot of magic find. There is a noticeable difference in survivability for the worse, and a less noticeable difference in the quality of items I find. Although, it seems that I find a lot of secondary crafting items, which is always useful. Also, I changed my goals, instead of going for full area accomplishment, I just play for having fun, and don't spend too much time with vistas and similar.
- Vanguard: I didn't play too much with this one lately, but I certainly want to. When I logged in the other day to the EU server, I've seen some continental chat going on, which is a good sign of Vanguard coming back to life. Also, I still think it's one of the best games I've ever played.
- DCUO: Another one that is sadly neglected these days. Of the superhero games I've tried, this one is the best, and I will return to it when I get bored with the other two.
26 Oct 2012
After the last few walls of text, here is a short, descriptive list of what is on my mind lately: